IT Asset Disposition is a means to extend the lifespan of resources. Toxic components and chemicals can damage the Environment if not properly disposed of. This includes mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium, selenium, chromium, and fire retardants.
• The USA generates more e-waste than any other nation. The quantity of electronic equipment that Americans throw away every year?
1 ton of circuit boards is estimated to contain 40 to 800 times more gold than one metric ton of ore. There’s 30 to 40 times more aluminum in a whole lot of circuit boards which may be mined from a single metric ton of ore.
• In 2014, 41.8 million metric tons of e-waste was sent to developing nations, creating not only a dumping problem in those countries but also utilizing resources to transfer the waste to nations around the world.
• There are safer ways to recycle e-waste, then there are businesses that just export the waste to developing nations. As opposed to tracking the recycling of their e-waste for health and human safety standards in these developing nations, many companies simply have occupants disassemble waste and use scrap metal, exposing the workers to toxic substances.
• Recycling 1 million notebooks saves the energy equivalent to the energy used by 3,657 U.S. homes annually.
• It requires 530 pounds of fossil fuel, 48 lbs of compounds, and 1.5 tons of water to fabricate 1 computer and monitor.
CCNY Tech offers a robust ITAD program that customizes the right solution for every situation. Skip the Environmental Fines! Do the Right Thing for the Environment!
Contact CCNY Tech to Recycle, Resell, or Refurbish your Enterprise Grade IT Gear. We Secure Your Data… Get Maximum Value For your Retired IT Assets, and Properly Recycle the Rest.